Resident Award for Scholarship
2019 award certificate available beginning March 28, 2019.
To encourage skills and interest in family medicine research, it is important for family medicine residency programs to mentor and recognize residents for their accomplishments in scholarly activities. The Resident Award for Scholarship allows family medicine residency directors to recognize a resident who has engaged in scholarly activity, as defined by the criteria below.
The Resident Award for Scholarship is provided by the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD) and the North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG).
- The award will be presented one time per year and to one resident. No resident may win the award more than once.
- Two or more residents may be eligible for a joint award for jointly performed scholarly activity. In this instance only, multiple certificates may be requested.
- The scholarly activity for consideration must have been completed while the resident was in residency training.
- The nature of the scholarly activity and whether it qualifies is at the discretion of the program. Your program could create a committee to review resident scholarly activity applications and make the award recommendation to the program director. The AFMRD and NAPCRG do not select the honorees, your program does.
- Scholarly activity must be, in large measure, performed by the resident. This activity includes most, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- the inception of the idea
- development of the project
- gathering data
- presenting the results
- writing a report or publication
Upon request, the AFMRD will provide each family medicine residency program with a Resident Award for Scholarship certificate (PDF format) suitable for printing and framing. We will email your certificate to you within two weeks of your order.
Please enter the recipient's name exactly as it should appear on the award certificate.
If you have any questions, please email Kathleen Ingraham (firstname.lastname@example.org) .