Applications for the 2020 Program Director Recognition Awards are now closed. Applications for the 2021 Program Director Recognition Award will open October 12, 2020.
The Board of Directors of the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD) is pleased to offer the Program Director Recognition Award – an award established to recognize the achievements of program directors in light of their unique roles, responsibilities, and challenges. Applications for the award may be submitted for $95.00.
The program provides for the following:
- An evaluation of a program director’s accomplishments based upon criteria established external to his or her program.
- A tangible product of recognition to demonstrate the achievements of program directors.
- A mechanism to validate the accomplishments upon which the recognition is based.
- A structure appropriate for future use by program directors to plan their personal and professional development objectives.
The AFMRD Board has identified the following parameters to categorize the accomplishments of program directors:
- Tenure. Continuity in the position of program director, program accreditation status, and active membership in the AFMRD and the AAFP.
- Training. Attendance at workshops such as PDW, RPS, and STFM.
º Scholarly Activity
º Peer Development
º Professional Development and Recognition
º Service to Family Medicine Organizations
- Advocacy. Contact with state and federal legislators to support the priorities of family medicine.
The award program consists of three levels (bronze, silver, and gold), based on the completion of increasingly substantial accomplishments in each category.
View criteria for the different levels.
Order awards below. Once you order your award, you will receive a link to an application form.
Bronze: Login to view purchase options
Applicants meeting the criteria are recognized with a framed certificate at the AFMRD Annual Meeting in March 2021.