Salary SurveyNational Family Medicine
Graduate SurveyResidency Curriculum ResourceCAFM Education
Research Alliance (CERA) CAFM Consensusfor Procedural Training Entrustable Professional
Activities (EPAs)AFMRD-Clinic First Collaborative
As a member of an online community, you are automatically subscribed to the community forum. The forum is used as the main mode of communication between members. Members are automatically set to receive an immediate email. However, you can change how often you receive emails by changing your subscription. See below:
- Immediate Email (Default Setting):If selected, users receive an immediate email notification when new forum posts are made or when someone replies to a post via email or the online community.
- Immediate Digest with links:If selected, users receive a digest providing the first 100 characters of any new forum posts as soon as they're made via email or the online community. Links will be included, which you can click to view the full forum post(s) and any attachments.
- Summary Digest:If selected, users will receive an email once per day listing the titles of any posts made that day. Links will be included which users can click on to view the full post(s).
- Full Digest with attachments:If selected, users will receive a digest email once per day providing the full text of any new forum posts made that day, including any attachments.
- Full Digest with links:If selected, users receive a digest email once per day providing the complete text of any new forum posts made that day. Links will be included which users can click to download any attachments in the post(s).
- Immediate Email on Thread Creation:If selected, users will receive an email whenever a new thread is added to the selected forum or announcement list. Users will not receive replies to threads.
To change subscription:
Click on “My Options” in the top right corner of the AFMRD homepage.
Select “My Subscriptions”
At the bottom of the page, in the first tab, “Forum Subscriptions” you will see a list of the forums you are currently subscribed to and how you are receiving notifications.
Click on “Edit.”
Select the subscription type desired. Then select “OK.”
- Be sure to start a new thread if you are changing the topic.
- You may respond to an individual rather than everyone
- At the bottom of a post, you can find the email address of the person who posted.
- Some members prefer to filter emails from the discussion forum. Most email service providers have an option to filter emails from a specific address into a folder.