Family Medicine Advocacy Summit
Scholarship for Members (New!)
The AFMRD now provides up to 3 members with scholarships to participate in the Family Medicine Advocacy Summit (formerly called the Family Medicine Congressional Conference/FMCC). This conference educates participants on family medicine’s legislative priority issues, trains attendees on how to lobby on Capitol Hill, and allows participants to put these skills to use with federal legislators and their staff.
Scholarship recipients are reimbursed up to $1,500 for approved Family Medicine Advocacy Summit travel, lodging, meals, and registration expenses.
- Currently a Program Director and AFMRD member
- First-time attendee of the summit
- Availability May 20-22, 2018, to attend Family Medicine Advocacy Summit and related events
- Fill out online application and include:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Document describing why you want to attend the Family Medicine Advocacy Summit and any prior advocacy experience you may have (maximum 400 words)
- Following the summit:
- Schedule a lunch-and-learn or some other presentation to your colleagues to share your advocacy knowledge
- Submit to AFMRD either an essay or a PowerPoint teaching tool