The application period for the 2018 Program Director Recognition Awards will be open until January 12, 2018.
The Board of Directors of the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD) is pleased to offer the Program Director Recognition Award – an award established to recognize the achievements of program directors in light of their unique roles, responsibilities, and challenges.
The program provides for the following:
- An evaluation of a program director’s accomplishments based upon criteria established external to his or her program.
- A tangible product of recognition to demonstrate the achievements of program directors.
- A mechanism to validate the accomplishments upon which the recognition is based.
- A structure appropriate for future use by program directors to plan their personal and professional development objectives.
The AFMRD Board has identified the following parameters to categorize the accomplishments of program directors:
- Tenure. Continuity in the position of program director, program accreditation status, and active membership in the AFMRD and the AAFP.
- Training. Attendance at workshops such as PDW, RPS, and STFM.
º Scholarly Activity
º Peer Development
º Professional Development and Recognition
º Service to Family Medicine Organizations
- Advocacy. Contact with state and federal legislators to support the priorities of family medicine.
The award program consists of three levels (bronze, silver, and gold), based on the completion of increasingly substantial accomplishments in each category. View criteria for the different levels.
To apply for the 2017 Program Director Recognition Award, the appropriate application must be submitted online by Friday January 12, 2018.
Please note: You will receive via email a link to the online application form once your online payment is completed.
Gold Level Application - $95 Login to view purchase options
Silver Level Application - $95
Bronze Level Application - $95 Login to view purchase options
Applicants meeting the criteria are recognized with a framed certificate at the AFMRD Annual Business Meeting during PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium in Kansas City.