NIPDD applications will be accepted over a two-week period (beginning July 11, 2017). The application period will close at the end of business on July 25, 2017. Applications will be screened and prioritized based on a set of criteria in the following order:
1. Current program directors of accredited programs
2. Current program directors of developing programs/AOA programs seeking ACGME accreditation
3. Current associate program directors (including site directors of rural tracks)
4. Faculty with more than 3 years of experience
5. Other (medical directors, fellowship directors, etc.)
If there are more than 60 applicants, priority is based first on the hierarchy of the criteria, and then by date/time of application.
One week following the close of the application process, the class roster will be announced and applicants will be notified whether or not they were accepted. At that time, those accepted into the fellowship may pay by credit card or check. Payment will be required three weeks in advance of the first session.