Family Medicine Advocacy Summit
Scholarship Award Application
AFMRD scholarship providing family medicine residents the opportunity to attend the Family Medicine Advocacy Summit (formerly the Family Medicine Congressional Conference/FMCC), May 20-22, 2018 in Washington, DC.
The deadline to submit is December 15, 2017.
Scholarship eligibility requirements:
- Currently a family medicine resident in good standing
- Availability May 20-22, 2018, to attend the Family Medicine Advocacy Summit and related events
Expectations for scholarship recipients:
- Prior to attending the summit: Complete all five modules in the Online Advocacy Course
- Attend all summit and related events May 20-22, 2018
- Following the summit:
- Schedule a lunch-and-learn or some other presentation to your colleagues to share your advocacy knowledge
- Submit to AFMRD either an essay or a PowerPoint teaching tool
To submit your application:
Complete the fields below. Fields marked with * are required.
You will be required to upload the following documents:
- * Current curriculum vitae
- * Program director's letter of recommendation outlining qualifications and commitment to time off
- * Document describing why you want to attend the Family Medicine Advocacy Summit and any prior advocacy experience you may have (maximum 400 words)
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Kathleen Ingraham at 800.274.2237 ext. 6733 or Chris Pyle at 800-274-2237 ext. 6724.