FMCC Resident Scholarship Award
$1,500 advocacy scholarships for family medicine residents
The Family Medicine Congressional Conference will take place April 7-8, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
The Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors will provide 10 family medicine residents with scholarships to participate.
Opportunities for Residents
- Advance your advocacy knowledge and skills
- Deepen your understanding of legislative issues related to family medicine
- Discuss family medicine issues in person with congressional staff
This conference educates participants on family medicine’s legislative priority issues, trains attendees on how to lobby on Capitol Hill, and allows participants to put these skills to use with federal legislators and their staff. To learn more about the conference, visit aafp.org/fmcc
- Reforms to health care delivery and physician payment
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Investment in building the primary care workforce
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,500 for approved FMCC travel, lodging, meals, and registration expenses.
- Be a family medicine resident in good standing
- Be available to attend FMCC April 6-8
- Complete the free online advocacy module at stfm.org/advocacy/course.cfm
- Agree to share your FMCC experiences through a short essay and presentation to your program, if selected
The following documents must be combined into a single Adobe PDF file and uploaded during the application process
Current Curriculum Vitae
Program director's letter of recommendation outlining qualifications and commitment to time off
Certificate of completion for the online advocacy module
Document describing why you want to attend FMCC
Optional document describing your prior advocacy experience
Apply Now! Deadline is Dec. 2, 2013.
Selected residents will be notified in January.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.