FMCC Resident Scholarship
The AFMRD provides 10 family medicine residents with scholarships to participate in the Family Medicine Congressional Conference.
Opportunities for Residents
- Advance your advocacy knowledge and skills
- Deepen your understanding of legislative issues related to family medicine
- Discuss family medicine issues in person with congressional staff
This conference educates participants on family medicine’s legislative priority issues, trains attendees on how to lobby on Capitol Hill, and allows participants to put these skills to use with federal legislators and their staff.
- Reforms to health care delivery and physician payment
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Investment in building the primary care workforce
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,500 for approved FMCC travel, lodging, meals, and registration expenses.
- Be a family medicine resident in good standing
- Be available to attend FMCC events May 11-13, 2015
- Complete the free online advocacy module
- Agree to share your FMCC experiences through a short essay and presentation to your program, if selected
The following documents must be combined into a single Adobe PDF file and uploaded during the application process
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Program director's letter of recommendation outlining qualifications and commitment to time off
- Certificate of completion for the online advocacy module
- Document describing why you want to attend FMCC
- Optional document describing your prior advocacy experience
2015 Family Medicine Congressional Conference Scholarships Application Timeline: