The Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD) inspires and empowers family medicine residency program directors to achieve excellence in family medicine residency training.
The Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors envisions a vibrant community of residency directors engaged in excellence, mutual assistance, and innovation to meet the health care needs of the public.
- Quality in family medicine graduate medical education
- Innovation to enhance the art and science of family medicine residency education
- Ethical behavior in all efforts
- Mutual collaboration among family medicine residency directors for the common good
- Alliance building with organizations that share AFMRD values
Learn more about the organization's history by reading the AFMRD History page. Learn what the future holds by reading the 2014-2016 Strategic Plan.